July 7, 2021
Translink advised the shareholders of FASP, an industrial company based in Montecchio Maggiore (Vicenza), in the sale of 80% of its share capital to IMA Group, which will have the opportunity to acquire the remaining 20% stake. The transaction is expected to be closed at the end of July.
FASP Srl specializes in the development of systems for the manufacture of electric motors. They are involved in a range of activities, from the production of stand-alone machines and complex systems to the creation of fully automated turnkey lines. Thanks to its experience over forty years of continuous activity, FASP is the preferred partner for the major manufacturers of electric motors. They have a wide range of industrial customers in the elevators, home automation, submersible pumps, electric pumps and energy generator sectors. They also have a strong presence in the automotive sector, with a focus on powertrain applications.
The acquisition of a majority stake in FASP is part of IMA’s strategy of technological reinforcement and product expansion in the automatic machinery sector. IMA is already present in the sector through its business automation division, which is particularly active in the electric, hybrid and plug-in traction motors market. FASP’s know-how and complementary technology and sector coverage allow it to deliver standard or tailor-made systems characterized by advanced technology to optimize their customers’ production with the most flexible and cutting-edge solutions under Industry 4.0.
Mauro Bussotti said, “The transaction was driven by a strong strategic rationale. IMA Group was chosen by the shareholders and founders of FASP for its clear potential for growth from the joint industrial plan. The transaction will allow IMA to expand its technology that is a worldwide benchmark in the field automated machinery and service lines for manufacturing electric traction systems. Thanks to its skills and track record, FASP will continue to serve the diversified needs of the non-automotive industrial world.”
Contact our Team Members advising in this transaction:
Translink Strempel & Co. is the partner firm of Translink Corporate Finance in Italy composed of seasoned finance professionals who have matured extensive experience in a variety of sectors and disciplines within some of the most important players both nationally and internationally in industry, finance and management consulting.